Dermaplaning is one of the newest trends in skincare. It has shown to be effective for dealing with many concerns, such as but not limited to, dull, dry, dehydration skin, as well as fine lines and wrinkles.
Not only does it allow for better product penetration, it also allows your foundation to be applied easily and look flawless!
HOW IT WORKS:
Dermaplaning is a pain-free procedure designed to remove surface dead skin – it feels just like shaving! It is done by carefully using a scalpel at a 45 degree angle to remove the surface dead skin to reveal a brighter and smoother complexion. Dermaplaning can also remove peach fuzz and allows for much better product penetration.
It is recommended for all skin types, except those with active acne breakouts, and is also safe for pregnant women who want exfoliation without harsh chemicals!
This treatment is customized to cater to your skin concerns, therefore the products used for cleansing, moisturizing, and even serum infusion or mask application is designed and customized to specifically you. Whether you are looking to treat oily skin, dry skin, sensitive skin, or aging skin, Dermaplaning can be the right treatment for you. Dermaplaning can also be combined with other skin care treatments such as chemical peels, microneedling, hydrafacial. It is highly recommended to consult with one of our skin care therapists to see how we can customize dermaplaning to fit right for you!
It is normal to experience sensitivity, redness and slight swelling post treatment, which should dissipate within 24-72 hours
- Follow a simple skin care routine for two weeks post treatment (this includes a gentle cleanser, some hyaluronic acid for hydration, and a light-weight moisturizer
- Cold to cool water during rinsing is highly recommended
- Avoid direct sun exposure for 72 hours post treatment
- Apply SPF 30 (minimum)
- Avoid excessive heat for 48 hours post treatment, such as hot tubs, saunas, steam rooms and excessive sweating (workouts)
- No swimming for 48-72 hours
- Do not wax or thread for at least 48 hours
- Do not get any facials and laser treatments for at least 2 weeks post treatment
- Avoid mechanical and chemical exfoliation for at east 72 hours
- Although makeup is not advised, it can, however be applied. It is recommended to use mineral makeup
What is dermaplaning? Watch the video!
Treatment is virtually painless, delivering a massage-like sensation.
ALL SKIN TYPES & HAIR TYPES
Effective results for light or dark skin as well as coarse of fine hair.
PROVEN SAFETY RECORD
Including for dark skin.
Treatments can be performed any time of the year, including on tanned skin.
Treatment sessions are super-quick, even for large areas such as the legs or back.
PERFECT FOR ANY AREA OF THE BODY
Including sensitive or hard to reach areas such as the ears, nostrils and bikini line.
Get In Touch
SCHEDULE YOUR APPOINTMENT TODAY!
We can appreciate your time is valuable and that you may want different options on how to book your appointment. Choose from one of the options below and schedule your appointment in a convenient way.