Microdermabrasion is a safe and effective form of exfoliation to improve overall skin tone and texture for all skin types. It is designed to buff and polish the skin to reveal clearer, brighter and healthier skin. Although microdermabrasion is an aggressive form of exfoliation, there is no pain or discomfort associated with the treatment.
HOW IT WORKS:
Divine Spa uses the Dermapod, which uses non-allergenic inert crystals with a slight suction to exfoliate and remove the superficial layer of dry, dead, and damaged skin cells. The skin will immediately appear softer, smoother, brighter and more clear post treatment. It is safe for all skin types and colour, for both men and women.
Microdermabrasion can be customized according to your particular skin concerns. It can be catered to treat oily skin, dry skin, aging skin and even sensitive skin! The products that be used will be based off a consultation done with one of Divine’s medical aestheticians to customize the treatment for your particular needs. In order to get an even more aggressive result, microdermabrasion can be combined with chemical peels, but only based off consultation. It can also be combined with LED Light Therapy, as well as ultrasound and high frequency devices.
Microdermabrasion is traditionally known to treat skin concerns on the face, but can also treat areas of the body! Some of the skin concerns this treatment can help improve are the following:
- Post acne scarring
- Dull or dehydrated
- Sun damaged
- Blotchiness, uneven skin tones and texture will also be improved
- Even normal skin can be made to look fresher with a warm glow
PRE AND POST CARE
Be sure not to do the following before the treatment:
- laser hair removal or electrolysis 1-2 weeks prior to the treatment
- waxing 2-3 days prior to the treatment
- glycolic or lactic peels 1-2 weeks prior to the treatment
- use of retinols 1 week prior to the treatment
Speak to one of our medical aestheticians if you are unsure about a certain treatment or product you are using for the necessary timeline.
Although microdermabrasion is a minimally invasive gentle treatment, it can result in some temporary side effects such as:
- Pink or red complexion immediately post treatment (can last up to 24-48 hours)
- Slight tightness
- Dryness or flaking 2-3 days post treatment which heals within 24-72 hours
- Bruised or sensitive sensation
Post care instructions:
- Do not touch the treated area for 24 hours
- Do not pick or pull any dry/flaking skin
- Do not get any electrolysis, threading, waxing or any other form of hair removal for at least 7 days post peel
- Do not use any facial scrubs or any mechanical/chemical forms of exfoliation for 14 days post peel
- Do not use any retinoic acid, AHA or BHA for 7 days post peel
- Do not have any other facial treatments, including laser hair removal, hydrafacial or photofacials for 14 days
- Do not use hot tubs, steam rooms, saunas, and/or excessively hot showers/baths for at least 2 days
- Do not go swimming for at least 2 days
It is extremely important to keep your skin hydrated. Hydration is key to proper healing. This includes using hydrating serums, moisturizers, as well as drinking a lot of water!
Get In Touch
SCHEDULE YOUR APPOINTMENT TODAY!
We can appreciate your time is valuable and that you may want different options on how to book your appointment. Choose from one of the options below and schedule your appointment in a convenient way.